The simplest sauce you'll ever make for your fish dishes; today we will be teaching you a Brown Butter Lemon Sauce that will pair amazingly with fish and seafood.
You may have heard of Lemon Butter Sauces very often in cooking, but once you manage to brown your butter well, we guarantee you a whole new flavor profile that you will not be disappointed with. It's so simple, it really only requires two ingredients but you can always add additional seasonings of your choice as long as you like it.
- Butter (depending on how much sauce you are making)
- Lemon juice
- Lemon zest (optional)
- Herbs (optional)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a cold pan, add your butter and let it melt slowly. The key to browning butter is to not turn up your heat too high at once to prevent it from accidentally burning instead.
- Allow your butter to melt and foam up, stirring in the process.
- Continue to let it foam with medium-low heat until it begins to brown slightly. You don't need it to be too brown in case it turns bitter, just stop slightly before you get to the color of the butter in the picture above.
- Transfer the melted brown butter into a separate bowl and season accordingly with lemon juice, salt and pepper. You may also add lemon zest or herbs of your choice.
- Spoon this glorious sauce over your fish and enjoy!